OptiNet aims at researching theoretical and practical aspects within the fields of optical networking and communication systems.
The following topics have been or are currently being explored:
- Artificial intelligence applied to networking problems.
- Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA) on wavelength-routed optical networks.
- Impairment-aware RWA.
- Multi-layer network routing.
- Single-layer and multi-layer restoration mechanisms.
- Interdomain routing.
- Grid and cloud computing.
- GMPLS control plane and secure routing.
- Optical Transport Networks (OTN).
- Routing by means of Ant Colony Optimization (ACO).
- Software Defined Networks (SDN).
- Routing and Spectrum Allocation (RSA) on elastic optical networks.
- Wireless Delay Tolerant Networks (DTN).