OptiNet aims at researching theoretical and practical aspects within the fields of optical networking and communication systems by employing advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques.
Topics of InterestThe following topics have been or are currently being explored:
- Routing by means of Ant Colony Optimization (ACO).
- Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA) on wavelength-routed optical networks.
- Impairment-aware routing.
- Multi-layer network routing.
- Single-layer and multi-layer restoration mechanisms.
- Interdomain routing.
- Grid and cloud computing.
- GMPLS control plane and secure routing.
- Optical Transport Networks (OTN).
- Software Defined Networks (SDN).
- Routing and Spectrum Allocation (RSA) on elastic optical networks.
- Wireless Delay Tolerant Networks (DTN).